Saturday 15 October 2011

Changes, work, keeping busy with music

It's been a fair few weeks since my last post and I suppose for the past few months I had been making sure I was keeping busy as much as possible and not really doing much relaxing - I've been moved into my new home now for about three and a half months and still haven't really had an evening where I've just cabbaged on the sofa watching TV.  I guess I'm still adjusting to all the changes I have gone through this year and being a tad sensitive it takes me a long time to get used to things.  

Work: I am still thoroughly enjoying my job and feel I have been actually making a difference to some of my clients lives recently, it is good to know that perseverance and dedication do sometimes achieve results, on another note relating to work my team found out not long ago that we are all going to have to go through an interview for our own jobs due to the fact that cuts are being made and there is no longer enough funding to keep all of us in post.  Each of us has to do a 5-10 minute presentation on social inclusion, I have a few ideas about what to do for it but am obviously nervous and worried about what I will do if I am not one of the lucky ones.

Busy bee:
I instigated a new musical project back in June working as a two piece with a guy I've worked with several times throughout the past five or six years.  We began trying out covers of decent popular songs we both liked and have recently been working on our own material which is somewhat more satisfying although playing covers of songs I have loved for years is enjoyable in a different way.  We have about sixteen possible covers we are just about ready to perform publicly and have a gig through in Brampton at 'Off the wall' confirmed for December :-)  I have been busy using my networking skills to  secure more gigs, hopefully sometime in November as December seems an awful long way away. 
Below is a rough slightly tipsy performance of one of our original songs:

No comments:

Post a Comment