Sunday 26 September 2010

After the lull...

Well it's been a while so I suppose I should update or something.  September with her shortening nights and grey skies has had me all unmotivated and lethargic, I've been wanting to get on and get stuff done but somehow have ended up watching vast amounts of crap on TV instead.  In amongst all of that I have been busy with ebaying in an attempt to save some cash rather than spending it, also I've been to probably the best wedding I have ever been to (the hen do was excellent too - kids party games in a drunken state = much fun).   



Yesterday I finally got round to tackling the painting I started a few weeks ago - I got disheartened with it (and painting in general) after I made a bad choice of colours which were pretty sickly.  I am building up a series incorporating a theme I have been working on sporadically for several years and I hope to perhaps exhibit when I am happy enough with the collection.  Jonny and I are off on holiday soon and I couldn't feel more ready for a break from work and a decent amount of sunlight, I'm thinking that it might be worth buying a light box too as each and every September I notice a drop in my energy levels and mood which seems to hang around until spring.  I used to think it was just the old 'come-down' feeling from childhood and dreading the new term beginning and having to get up early after getting used to lying in.








No comments:

Post a Comment